Monday, January 13, 2014

K-pop album haul & Korean souvenirs


K-pop album haul from my trip
Finally it's time to showcase the K-pop albums and souvenirs I managed to cart home from South Korea!

I bought JYJ Kim Jaejoong's WWW album for myself, CNBLUE's Re:BLUE album for my first brother, and G-Dragon's Coup D'etat for my youngest brother. Possibly the lightest and slimmest souvenirs, but yet the most expensive ones!

I bought my albums from the Music Korea outlet in Myeongdong. To get there using the subway, stop at Myeongdong Station, and take Exit 6. You'll see a Nature Republic outlet. Enter the outlet and go up one floor. 

Music Korea is just upstairs and they have an extensive range of K-pop albums, both old and new releases.


Korean souvenirs
I also managed to buy some souvenirs for myself and friends back home. I bought a unique key holder from the gift shop at the Namsan Tower observatory deck. There are also plenty of other unique finds here that are not sold at other shops in Seoul. I managed to get a paper cut-out of a hanbok from the gift shop there too. It's going to be a great memorable souvenir to frame up as a remembrance of my maiden trip.

I also managed to get some fridge magnets in Hongdae (not pictured above), as well as a bookmark and postcards from Insadong.

Insadong is a good place to buy cultural souvenirs, but if you are not heading there then you can find them at Namdaemun or Myeongdong too. Insadong has more authentic souvenirs, but prices can be on the pricey side. For a more upscale souvenir hunting spree, try Ssamziegil. I got my cute postcards there from a small stall vendor :)

That's all for my K-pop album haul and Korean souvenirs. If you have yet to, check out my previous posts on Korean beauty buys and Korean grocery buys!

The author is grateful that she managed to get a copy of Jaejoong's WWW album before it was sold out!

Do follow me on Twitter for the latest updates!

No comments: