Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Beauty buys from South Korea

Etude House beauty haul
After arriving in Myeongdong, I finally experienced what everyone was talking about Korean make-up or skincare brands. It's everywhere, and you really can't resist walking into these pretty shops all inviting you to come in. If you are looking for Korean cosmetics, Myeongdong is the place to go!

While some promoters are a little pesky (they pull your hand and try to drag you into their store), some are quite friendly and talk nicely, just enticing you to go in and take a look around. Some offer free gifts (samples mostly), but once you enter, you'll most likely not go out without buying something.

Stepping into Etude House was like stepping into a princess' room. Everything was pink, my favourite colour! :D

I managed to get their masks at a 10+10 promo price of 900 won (approximately RM2.70) each, which comes down to 450 won each pack. Which is really cheap! But be wary though, I went to other Etude House outlets out of Myeongdong too, but they do not have the same offer. I bought mine at the outlet opposite SPAO in Myeongdong, so make sure you make a stop there if you're in the vicinity.

I bought many other stuff from Etude House too, considering I'm not much of a person who spends much on beauty products. I'm more of a skincare person, but they have a good range of skincare apart from make-up too.

I also got a leg mask (leg peeling yo!), hand creams, lip gloss, lip balm, a few products from the moistfull series, as well as a cute cupcake lip colour. I probably spent nearly 100,000 won in Etude House, but that's great because nearly everyone back home gets some really lovely face masks and hand creams! :)

Free samples from Etude House (given after purchase)
I really felt my money was well spent although I blew a huge portion of my shopping budget at Etude House. Look at all the free samples I got after my purchase! It's really nice shopping at Etude House because they really want to make their customers happy and they are always willing to give advice on the products!


Clio, Tony Moly and Innisfree skincare haul
I also bought a few products from Clio (2 face packs), Tony Moly (lip balm and snail lip treatment), and Innisfree (olive cleansing tissue and volcanic clay mask).

I really regret not buying those snail masks from Tony Moly since I thought I had bought a lot from Etude House. After giving most away, I am now regretting not buying more...

I felt Clio was more into make-up products, while Tony Moly was more upscale in their range and prices while Innisfree uses more natural ingredients in their products, with a huge chunk originating from Jeju. Etude House meanwhile focuses on pretty packaging.

Each brand has its strengths and weaknesses but hey, life's all about trial and error eight? I hope to find something I like among the huge chunk of stuff I brought back. Hopefully on my next trip I'll be able to explore more Korean make-up and skincare brands!

If you have yet to, do check out my previous post on my Korean grocery buys!

The author never felt attracted to enter beauty or skincare shops in KL, but in South Korea the calling was just too great to resist!

Do follow me on Twitter for the latest updates!

No comments: