Monday, January 6, 2014

Grocery buys from South Korea

Korean groceries
As promised, I'm writing this post to document my grocery buys from my trip to South Korea. I did most of my grocery shopping in Nampodong, Busan since it was my last stop before I fly back home to Kuala Lumpur.

I bought my groceries from a shop nearby my hotel, and I think most of the prices are quite cheap compared to those at convenience stores. I bought some kelp, roasted seaweed to sprinkle on rice, some yukgaejang soup premix, gochujang paste from this neighbourhood grocery store.

I got 2 stone pots (dolsot) and a ramyun pot for 3000 won (approximately RM9) each from a Daiso outlet. I also bought some steel chopsticks and spoons for 500 won (approximately RM1.50) each from a vendor who was clearing his wares in Namdaemun. My cheapest deal by far :)

I also managed to get some icing decorating tubes in different colours from Namdaemun!
Korean snacks
Finally, my snacks haul! I also bought all these from the nearby grocery store, since they have the cheapest prices for Pepero and Market O chocolates.

Peperos were going for 800 won (approximately RM2.40) each and chocolates were between 1500 won to 4000 won. 

Dried seaweed were also going for 500 won (approximately RM1.50) and I shared a box of 40 packs with my travel partners.

Also bought a box of Lotte Chocopie from Daiso which costs 1500 won (approximately RM4.50), much cheaper than in KL! :)

That wraps up my Korean grocery haul and hope to see you soon in my next posts!

Check out more posts on my Korean beauty buys, K-pop album haul and souvenirs, as well as Korean beverages on the streets!

The author has devoured all the snacks within less than a month since returning from South Korea. Time to hunt in the local grocery stores again...

Do follow me on Twitter for the latest updates!

No comments: